Compensation & Benefits Exchange
7:30 am - 8:00 am Breakfast
8:00 am - 8:05 am Chairperson's Opening Remarks
8:05 am - 8:45 am Changing the Game of Rewards & Recognition at Electronic ArtsDalana Brand - VP, Global Total Rewards Electronic Arts
Electronic Arts embarked on a yearlong market segmentation exercise to uncover benefit preferences across their employee population. A vast amount of data was gathered and used to develop a new strategy that was connected to its talent management strategy. Don’t miss this opportunity to learn more about the project, the telling results, especially amongst the millennial population, and the expected outcomes of increased engagement, productivity and retention.
Dalana BrandVP, Global Total Rewards
8:45 am - 9:15 am "Wellness Programs Could Use a Second Opinion"
One of employers’ top concerns is the ever-increasing costs of health coverage and the affordability impact to employees’ well-being. Ironically, the highest-risk, highest-cost employees are often the most overlooked by traditional wellness programs.
Off-the-shelf wellness programs enhance a company’s culture, but may lack tangible results – what’s frequently missing is a long-term strategy that encompasses benefits, clinical perspective and health engagement to deliver measurable ROI. We’ve been treating the symptoms with the wrong prescription.
In this session you will learn how to overcome the challenge of obtaining executive support by communicating the value of integrating a culture of health with engagement strategies to bring ROI to your bottom line.
Why just focus on the healthy when you can improve outcomes and lower cost?
Master Class9:15 am - 10:00 am Building the Business Case for Education as a Benefit
Find out if education benefits you, your company, or all parties involved. With the average student debt today totaling more than $30,000 – more than credit card debt – many are debating whether a college education is worth it. Yet, a casual search of job sites shows that more than 80% of the jobs available require a college degree. Frontline turnover rates are sparing and costing business leaders billions of dollars per year. To combat this, companies are looking at education as a strategic benefit. During this session attendees will hear how employers are using tuition assistance and other education benefits programs to increase retention and see a positive ROI.
BrainWeave9:15 am - 10:00 am Managing Executive Compensation While Minimizing Incentive Risks
This interactive session will discuss new and emerging trends in executive compensation and how companies are evolving their practices to strengthen the link between performance and rewards and ensure better alignment of interest and corporate governance.
· Review various types of well-tailored and effective compensation designs
· Address compensation committee challenges and learn how to improve your communication and support
· Learn how to enhance corporate governance and curtail excessive risk taking
10:00 am - 10:30 am Business Meeting
10:30 am - 11:00 am Business Meeting
11:00 am - 11:15 am Networking Break
11:15 am - 12:00 pm Panel: Goodbye Empty Promises & Outdated Reward Programs: Using Modern Approaches & Analytics to Turbocharge Rewards & RecognitionMalika Terry - Director, Compensation & Benefits Intercontinental Hotels Group (IHG)
Ajay Madiah - Senior Director, Global Rewards McDonald's Corporation
Do you know the goals of your rewards program and have they shifted since you first adopted them? How is your workforce responding to recognition? What process do you need to improve? As technology improves and the capabilities of our programs mature, program design must evolve as well. During this panel, attendees will learn how to:
· Reinvent rewards and recognition for increased agility
· Manage intrinsic and extrinsic motivation
· Make better use of your total rewards data to build a strategy that is employee-centric and cost effective
· Utilize data to understand how engaged your company is with your recognition program
· Utilize technology to make your programs trackable and agile
Malika TerryDirector, Compensation & Benefits
Intercontinental Hotels Group (IHG)
Ajay MadiahSenior Director, Global Rewards
Ignite12:00 pm - 12:15 pm Benefits, Disrupted: How AI Is Revolutionizing Corporate Wellness
This brief presentation will highlight the market for wearables and smartphones used to better understand an individual’s level of health. Attendees will learn how these devices provide valuable data and monitoring to help prompt actions that maximize wellness success.
Ignite12:15 pm - 12:30 pm Compensation & The Digital Economy
This interactive dialogue will look at the impact of intelligent automation and how it has the potential to reshape the compensation landscape.
12:15 pm - 1:05 pm Lunch
1:05 pm - 1:45 pm Roundtable Discussions: Choose Your Topic
A: Generation Z and The Benefits Landscape
What kind of employee benefit package will recruit a whole new generation? Let’s start by discussing what’s important to Generation Z and what they want in a workplace. Then, we’ll dive into the design of innovative perks and professional development opportunities that will grab the attention and hearts of your newest generation. Don’t miss this opportunity to hear how this group of workers will have a far-reaching impact on the benefits landscape.
B: Managing Benefits in a Gig Economy
The statistics are mind-boggling. Recent research from a Guardian’s Workplace Benefits Study finds that 75% of part-time workers are not getting medial insurance, 68% are not getting retirement savings, 86% are not getting disability insurance and 87% are not getting life insurance. This roundtable will discuss the current state of coverage for contract workers and discuss the portable benefits that are necessary in this growing economy of flexible work environments.
C: Wellness 2.0: Discovering the Linkage Between Gamification & Employee Health
Many organizations are using gamification to increase employee engagement and drive competition. So why not incorporate this powerful technology into your wellness strategy? Game-based mechanisms can motivate employees to make healthy choices, and stay on track with their total health management. This is turn improves workforce health and allows employers to gain control over escalating healthcare costs. This roundtable will provide proven strategies for creating a healthier workforce by gamifying health.
D: Smart But Clueless About Equity? Developing a Strategy to Communicate Equity Compensation Programs
Equity compensation plans have moved beyond a financial incentive and now are an essential component of recruitment and retention strategies. The benefits are huge, however, many employees and prospective employees fail to understand the value. This roundtable will focus on simplifying the concepts related to equity compensation and take advantage of a variety of communication strategies to increase employees’ perceived value and improve engagement.
E: Performance Management Evolved: Uncovering the Value of Moving Away From Forced Ranking & Towards Continuous Conversations
Many companies are looking at a complete overhaul of their performance management program to bolster their organization’s rapid growth. A common goal is to move performance management from a quantitative, annual appraisal-based system to a more personal, ongoing conversation-based process aimed at maximizing the growth potential of each employee. Join this perennial debate about the implications of performance management with 5 generations in the workplace. In this roundtable we will discuss ratings vs. no ratings and how to pay for performance/compensation in a no ratings environment, highlight the managerial capabilities needed, and hear what’s next on the horizon to replace the often cumbersome and bureaucratic process burdening many organizations today.
F: Beyond the Hype: How Blockchain for HR and Recruitment Might Just Be the Next Game Changer
In this roundtable we will start with a clear definition of blockchain and hear how it can be applied to HR processes including payroll, recruitment and competency management. Attendees will learn how to navigate the complexities of this new application and review the cost savings and productivity benefits
Sponsored By Resource Verified
1:45 pm - 2:25 pm Panel: Embracing the Consumerization of BenefitsDavid Halleck - VP, Compensation & Benefits GM Financial
Vagelis Kontopos - VP, Compensation & Benefits The E.W. Scripps Company
Traditional benefits are no longer enough to compete in what is the most aggressive talent market since 2007. Today’s workforce wants their benefits options to mirror their everyday options. This means, choice, personalization and maximum value. During this session attendees will learn about the emerging benefits strategies and the tools that can help you deliver a program that keeps pace with changing employee needs.
· Begin with an update on employee benefit trends built for the new workforce
· Redefine your employee value proposition through competitive voluntary benefits and other perks
· Focus on innovative benefits that facilitate work/life integration, growth and development , and promote shared values
· Highlight new frontiers in health and wellness programs
· Learn how education benefits and professional development lead to employee retention and business results
David HalleckVP, Compensation & Benefits
Vagelis KontoposVP, Compensation & Benefits
The E.W. Scripps Company
2:30 pm - 3:00 pm Business Meeting
3:00 pm - 3:30 pm Business Meeting
3:30 pm - 3:45 pm Networking Break
Master Class3:45 pm - 4:30 pm Employee Wellbeing - The Financial Planning Pillar
This session will help you create a more productive, financially well and engaged workforce.
· Learn about the advantages of adding a financial planning pillar for both employees and shareholders
· Come away with actionable advice on getting senior management buy-in, funding and incentives
· Learn how to approach integration with other programs
· Discover what data can tell you about the true financial wellness of your population
· Use engagement strategies for the most ROI
BrainWeave3:45 pm - 4:30 pm Managing Escalating Health Care Costs
For many employers, the price of benefits is becoming unaffordable. Health care coverage is the largest employee-related expense for U.S. employees. In addition, changes in employment law and new initiatives and options in health care benefits, particularly the Affordable Care Act (ACA), is forcing employers to look for new ways to manage these cost.
· Receive an overview of how the ACA affects employers’ efforts to health coverage and cost management
· Develop new methods for managing health care benefit costs
· Look at other major laws that impact health benefits
· Develop a tighter partnership between finance and HR to address the implications of health care reform for their rewards programs and talent management strategies
4:30 pm - 5:15 pm Modern Communication Strategies: Helping Your Employees Understand & Ultimately Make Better Decisions on the Best Benefits for Their NeedsYvonne Freeman - VP, Total Rewards Michaels
Let’s face it, healthcare and related terminology can be confusing. While you may have a great benefit plan on paper, without an effective communication strategy, your employees may not understand the terms, and subsequently, miss out on the true value. During this session, attendees will:
· Receive modern communication and branding techniques that are sure to grab the attention of all employees
· Develop a step-by-step plan to emphasize the value of your benefits
· Simplify your enrollment strategy and communications
· Improve accessibility through enabling technology
Yvonne FreemanVP, Total Rewards
5:15 pm - 6:00 pm Panel: Designing the Right Type of Executive Compensation Plans to Meet Corporate Goals
This panel will explore the latest trends in executive compensation with specific focus around the design, practical issues, compliance, technology and differentiation.
· Gain mastery around the development of good governance and well-established compensation policies and practices that are aligned with the organization’s overall goals and objectives
· Balance shareholder alignment, performance-based pay, recruitment, retention and the assessment of cost vs. perceived value
· Highlight the role of technology for automating variable-pay processes
· Review the key metrics necessary to measure and improve organizational performance