Sunday, November 11, 2018
9:30 am - 10:00 am Registration
12:00 pm - 12:05 pm Orientation
12:05 pm - 12:10 pm Chairperson's Opening Remarks
12:10 pm - 12:40 pm Preparing & Managing for a Talent ShortageStevens Sainte-Rose, Chief HR & Transformation Officer,Dawn Foods Global
The single biggest constraint organizations save in capturing the opportunities of this economic revival is talent. The idea of a talent strategy has never been more salient. This session will prepare HR leaders for a talent shortage, especially at the senior to middle to senior management level.
Stevens Sainte-RoseChief HR & Transformation Officer
Dawn Foods Global
1:10 pm - 1:40 pm Business Meeting
1:40 pm - 2:10 pm Business Meeting
2:10 pm - 2:30 pm Networking Break
2:30 pm - 3:00 pm Panel: Navigating the Unknown: HR's Role in Crisis Management
Given what happened with Equifax, Facebook, the natural disasters, recent shootings, and harassment issues, how can we as CHROs best prepare our workforce to effectively lead, communicate with, and inspire employees through crisis or the worst of times for an organization?
3:00 pm - 3:30 pm The Future of Talent Acquisition: AI & Blockchain
3:00 – 3:15
Intelligent HR: Reaping the Benefits of A.I. for Talent Acquisition…While Balancing a Human Touch
· Start with a clear definition of A.I. and hear how it can be applied to HR processes
· Hear what HR processes are ripe for A.I. and receive specific use cases in the areas of recruitment and the future of work
· Learn how to differentiate between the different types of A.I.
· Receive best practices for overcoming resistance to change while empowering employees to transform themselves in the face of A.I.
3:15 – 3:30
Beyond the Hype: How Blockchain for HR and Recruitment Might Just Be the Next Game Changer
· Start with a clear definition of blockchain and hear how it can be applied to HR processes including payroll, recruitment and competency management
· Learn how to navigate the complexities of this new application
· Review the cost savings and productivity benefits
3:35 pm - 4:05 pm Business Meeting
4:05 pm - 4:35 pm Business Meeting
4:35 pm - 4:50 pm Networking Break
Master Class4:50 pm - 5:35 pm Improving the Effectiveness of Talent Analytics
BrainWeave4:50 pm - 5:35 pm Succession Confidence@ Building a Solid Leadership Pipeline to Meet Business Needs
Innovation distinguishes between a leader and a follower.” as stated by Steve Jobs. And, companies need to continually innovate in order to stay ahead of the competition. And, innovation requires a solid leadership pipeline to meet business needs. During this session attendees will learn how to:
- Create a robust leadership pipeline to meet business demands
- Drive the ability to attract, engage and retain team members who can be confident there is a development path that allows them to grow their career
- Educate team members on what it means to be a leader...and promoting those who are truly interested and invested in becoming
5:35 pm - 6:05 pm The Most Common Mistakes That Kill Employee Engagement...And How to Avoid Them
We have all heard how many “actively disengaged” employees there are in the workforce. Despite years of companies trying to drive engagement, the number of disengaged workers hasn’t changed much, if at all. Why is it that most employee engagement programs don’t show results? Employees want to be heard; they want to be valued and they want to make a difference. Employers want – in fact, need – productive, engaged workers. Perhaps there is a different way to think about employee engagement.
In this session we will share a transformational approach to employee engagement that actually works. These simple and effective methods can yield engagement and performance improvements broadly across the organization. Be prepared to learn:
- The key link between engagement, performance and success (both personal and business).
- The single most important… and often overlooked… element in employee surveys
- The most common mistakes companies make before, during and after an employee survey and how to avoid them