Sunday, November 11, 2018
10:00 am - 10:15 am Welcome Orientation & Speed Networking
10:25 am - 10:30 am Chairperson's Opening Remarks
10:30 am - 11:10 am The Role of HR In Powering Positive Accountable Culture ChangeChristine Deputy - CHRO Nordstrom
Ask a handful of HR practitioners what their top challenges are, and many will say, “HR’s Role in Developing Organizational Culture!” And each will have a differing opinion about just what an attractive “company culture” looks like. Nordstrom’s culture is centered on creating an environment where their people feel supported and empowered. During this session attendees will learn how HR can:
· Redefine and maintain a company culture
· Overcome the challenges to resistance
· Review specific examples on how company culture impacts your bottom line
11:10 am - 11:50 am Driving Business Outcomes Through HR Transformation
1:15 pm - 1:45 pm Panel: Preparing & Managing for a Talent Shortage: Six Ways HR Can Bridge The GapStevens Sainte-Rose - Chief HR & Transformation Officer Dawn Foods Global
Marc Howells - VP, Human Resources, North America Commercial AstraZeneca
The single biggest constraint organizations face in capturing the opportunities of this economic revival is talent. In periods of rapid change and tight labor markets, the idea of a talent strategy has never been more salient. Globally, employers report the highest talent shortage since 2007! This session will provide a variety of strategies and tips for preparing for a skills shortage and retention strategy.
· Take a look at the hardest skills to find and hear how companies are addressing their current and future gaps
· Hear how nontraditional solutions like the gig economy, automation, remote work and “grow your own” are making their way into modern workplace talent and retention strategies
· Focus on adaptability to apply workforce skills in a different way
· Utilize analytics to help bridge the talent deficit
· Highlight effective succession management strategies
Stevens Sainte-RoseChief HR & Transformation Officer
Dawn Foods Global
Marc HowellsVP, Human Resources, North America Commercial
1:50 pm - 2:20 pm Business Meeting
2:20 pm - 2:50 pm Business Meeting
2:50 pm - 3:10 pm Networking Break
3:10 pm - 3:50 pm Practitioner Roundtable Discussions
Earlier in the Exchange, we collected your insights and challenges in the L&D space using the Thoughtexchange social learning tool. During this follow-up session, you will have dedicated time to sit with your peers and develop an action plan to conquer one of four top challenges.
Ignite One3:50 pm - 4:05 pm The Impact of AI on Top HR Trends
Imagine a time when employees no longer have to navigate websites to find answers to their HR-related questions. That time is now. Through virtual agents, AI is revolutionizing the way HR administrative work is performed, allowing HR executives to focus on strategy. This Ignite will explore the use of AI in common areas such as paid time off, benefits eligibility, work scheduling, retirement savings and even performance coaching and talent acquisition.
Ignite Two4:05 pm - 4:20 pm Managing Ethical Practices in the Digital Age
Now, more than ever, ethics is “the price of admission in high-performing organizations.” Ensuring business -wide ethical practices have grown more difficult in the digital age. This Ignite will discuss how HR Leaders must expand their ethical charges, including the ethical use of data, the role of technology and the risk factors at play.
4:25 pm - 4:55 pm Business Meeting
4:55 pm - 5:25 pm Business Meeting
5:25 pm - 5:40 pm Networking Break
Master Class5:40 pm - 6:25 pm The Data-Driven CHRO: Improving the Effectiveness of Talent Analytics
HR Analytics has come a long way. From a boring cumbersome process to a highly anticipated business necessity that is vital to running a high performing company. Employers getting it right are focusing on measuring diversity, gender pay, skills gaps, labor utilization, retention rates, and even organizational network analysis. In this session, attendees will learn how to:
· Highlight the most effective type, nature, and level of data to analyze
· Review the different methods for capturing data
· Learn how to set up and sustain an effective talent analytics as a business disciple
· Maximize ROI from your analytics investment
BrainWeave5:40 pm - 6:25 pm Designing The HR Function of Tomorrow: New Delivery Models & Competencies
6:25 pm - 6:55 pm The Most Common Mistakes That Kill Employee Engagement...And How to Avoid Them
We have all heard how many “actively disengaged” employees there are in the workforce. Despite years of companies trying to drive engagement, the number of disengaged workers hasn’t changed much, if at all. Why is it that most employee engagement programs don’t show results? Employees want to be heard; they want to be valued and they want to make a difference. Employers want – in fact, need – productive, engaged workers. Perhaps there is a different way to think about employee engagement.
In this session we will share a transformational approach to employee engagement that actually works. These simple and effective methods can yield engagement and performance improvements broadly across the organization. Be prepared to learn:
- The key link between engagement, performance and success (both personal and business).
- The single most important… and often overlooked… element in employee surveys
- The most common mistakes companies make before, during and after an employee survey and how to avoid them