Sunday, November 11, 2018
10:00 am - 10:10 am Welcome Orientation
10:30 am - 11:10 am The Role of HR In Powering Positive Accountable Culture ChangeChristine Deputy - CHRO, Nordstrom
Ask a handful of HR practitioners what their top challenges are, and many will say, “HR’s Role in Developing Organizational Culture!” And each will have a differing opinion about just what an attractive “company culture” looks like. Nordstrom’s culture is centered on creating an environment where their people feel supported and empowered. During this session attendees will learn how HR can:
· Redefine and maintain a company culture
· Overcome the challenges to resistance
· Review specific examples on how company culture impacts your bottom line
11:10 am - 11:50 am Panel: Preparing & Managing for a Talent Shortage: Six Ways HR Can Bridge The GapStevens Sainte-Rose - Chief HR & Transformation Officer, Dawn Foods Global
Matthew Owenby - CHRO, Aflac
Joy Roman - CHRO, Toll Brothers
The single biggest constraint organizations face in capturing the opportunities of this economic revival is talent. In periods of rapid change and tight labor markets, the idea of a talent strategy has never been more salient. Globally, employers report the highest talent shortage since 2007! This session will provide a variety of strategies and tips for preparing for a skills shortage and retention strategy.
· Take a look at the hardest skills to find and hear how companies are addressing their current and future gaps
· Hear how nontraditional solutions like the gig economy, automation, remote work and “grow your own” are making their way into modern workplace talent and retention strategies
· Focus on adaptability to apply workforce skills in a different way
· Utilize analytics to help bridge the talent deficit
· Highlight effective succession management strategies
Stevens Sainte-RoseChief HR & Transformation Officer
Dawn Foods Global
1:10 pm - 1:45 pm Panel: The #MeToo Movement, Preventing Harassment & HR's RoleDonna Grant Dorsey - CHRO, Navistar
Maya Bordeaux - CHRO, Tronc
Dessalen Wood - VP Talent Development, Cineplex
Donna Grant DorseyCHRO
Dessalen WoodVP Talent Development
The #MeToo movement is changing history. To make the workplace a better and safer environment, HR must think about the ways better training and a better workforce can help facilitate social change. This panel will open up about the current state of workplace harassment and provide examples from companies who are setting better policies, better enforcement and teaching employees to recognize unconscious bias, in the age of the #MeToo Movement.
1:50 pm - 2:20 pm Business Meeting
2:20 pm - 2:50 pm Business Meeting
2:50 pm - 3:05 pm Networking Break
3:05 pm - 3:45 pm Let's Give Them Something to Talk About - Bonnie Raitt and the Power of Real Conversations...Dessalen Wood - VP Talent Development, Cineplex
In this case study session you’ll hear from Dess Wood and Dave MacLeod about how Cineplex has taken on having courageous real-time conversations at scale as a way to build culture and drive change.
Dessalen WoodVP Talent Development
3:45 pm - 4:20 pm The Most Common Mistakes That Kill Employee Engagement...And How to Avoid Them
We have all heard how many “actively disengaged” employees there are in the workforce. Despite years of companies trying to drive engagement, the number of disengaged workers hasn’t changed much, if at all. Why is it that most employee engagement programs don’t show results? Employees want to be heard; they want to be valued and they want to make a difference. Employers want – in fact, need – productive, engaged workers. Perhaps there is a different way to think about employee engagement.
In this session we will share a transformational approach to employee engagement that actually works. These simple and effective methods can yield engagement and performance improvements broadly across the organization. Be prepared to learn:
- The key link between engagement, performance and success (both personal and business).
- The single most important… and often overlooked… element in employee surveys
- The most common mistakes companies make before, during and after an employee survey and how to avoid them
4:25 pm - 4:55 pm Business Meeting
4:55 pm - 5:25 pm Business Meeting
5:25 pm - 5:40 pm Networking Break
5:40 pm - 6:25 pm Capturing Employee Voice: The Path to a High-Performing Organization
The success or failure of any organization hinges on one key factor: The ability of its leaders to listen to their people. This session will examine how to develop a Culture of Listening to strengthen the areas of accountability, inclusion, trust, engagement, transparency and agility.
Leaders who practice active listening across their organization tap into a wealth of actionable insight. Enabling and encouraging people to communicate inclusively and transparently provides the organization with authentic feedback that can drive or support meaningful change.
6:25 pm - 7:00 pm Fulfilling The Business Case: Linking Diversity & Inclusion Training To Organizational GoalsThomas Gaissmaier - CHRO, 21st Century Fox
Every organization articulates their own business case for diversity and inclusion. Yet diversity training is often introduced as a HR initiative and not a business strategy. This session will focus on D&I as a strategic business necessity. Attendees will learn how to:
- Incorporate D&I into enterprise strategy
- Leverage the increased cultural awareness of staff to drive the mission, revenue and talent goals of the organization
- Develop a diversity council to accelerate and govern activities
- Leverage data and analytics to advance diversity and inclusion
21st Century Fox