Tuesday, November 13, 2018
7:30 am - 8:00 am Breakfast
8:00 am - 8:05 am Chairperson's Recap
8:05 am - 8:35 am Panel: The #MeToo Movement, Preventing Harassment & HR's RoleDonna Grant Dorsey - CHRO Navistar
Thomas Gaissmaier - CHRO 21st Century Fox
The #MeToo movement is changing history. To make the workplace a better and safer environment, HR must think about the ways better training and a better workforce can help facilitate social change. This panel will open up about the current state of workplace harassment and provide examples from companies who are setting better policies, better enforcement and teaching employees to recognize unconscious bias, in the age of the #MeToo Movement.
8:35 am - 9:15 am Conquering HR's Toughest Challenges: Action Plans Uncovered
Earlier in the exchange, you had the opportunity to choose one of four critical L&D topic areas as identified by the Thoughtexchange tool. Smaller groups were formed to develop an action plan for improvement. During this session, each group will report out on their unique plans to conquer HR’s Toughest Challenges.
Master Class9:15 am - 10:00 am Agile Employee Engagement: Using Your Engagement Strategy to Transform Culture and Accelerate Performance
Join your peers for a collaborative discussion on Agile Employee Engagement and how you can better understand and improve the engagement of your employees. This interactive session will help you design a more effective employee engagement program and measurement strategy from the ground up, using practical advice and real-life case studies to provide you with a new framework for improving engagement and performance.
· Offer key takeaways on the foundations for transforming your culture and leadership capability from the inside out
· Design an engagement program that works harder for you and your people
· Utilize technology to enable action and make better, more targeted, changes that will impact business outcomes
· Leave with ideas and strategies on how you can truly unleash the best in your people to help your organization succeed
BrainWeave9:15 am - 10:00 am Preparing for More Than One Future: Dealing With the Velocity of Change
The current rate of change is not only unprecedentedly high, but it is accelerating. In other words, the rate of change may never be this slow again. How can HR be used to facilitate this process? During this session attendees will learn how to:
· Adapt behavior to foster an environment in which employees are ready for new situations
· Indirectly manage organizational culture by focusing on cultural drivers
· Develop an HR Strategy that builds on finding these drivers and anchoring the change
10:00 am - 10:30 am Business Meeting
10:30 am - 11:00 am Business Meeting/Networking Break
11:00 am - 11:30 am Integrating Human Capital Into a Global Branding Strategy to Redefine HR & Build Talent From WithinDebra McCowan - CHRO Equinix
During this session, attendees will learn how a fast-growing company transformed a very fragmented HR Organization into a Global HR Function while developing an aggressive and competitive HR strategy.
· Build a compelling value proposition for external and internal talent
· Integrate human capital into a global branding strategy
· Redefine HR and build talent from within
· Look beyond alignment and focus on integration with business strategy
12:00 pm - 12:30 pm Fulfilling The Business Case: Linking Diversity & Inclusion Training To Organizational GoalsThomas Gaissmaier - CHRO 21st Century Fox
Every organization articulates their own business case for diversity and inclusion. Yet diversity training is often introduced as a HR initiative and not a business strategy. This session will focus on D&I as a strategic business necessity. Attendees will learn how to:
- Incorporate D&I into enterprise strategy
- Leverage the increased cultural awareness of staff to drive the mission, revenue and talent goals of the organization
- Develop a diversity council to accelerate and govern activities
- Leverage data and analytics to advance diversity and inclusion
21st Century Fox
12:00 pm - 12:40 pm Roundtable Discussions - Choose Your Topic:Joy Roman - CHRO Toll Brothers
Looking Beyond HR: Driving Next Level Business Partnering to Accelerate Competitive Advantage
As companies and industries continue to evolve at rapid pace, so too must the role of HR. Traditional views of HR business partnering no longer cut it. It’s just not enough to ‘partner’ with the business. What are the big shifts required to remain relevant in the future and make a meaningful contribution to business success? During this interactive discussion, attendees will share strategies and tactics to overcome the challenges holding HR back from making the impact the business expects. Specific examples will be shared on how to move beyond ‘partner’ and embed within the business to drive strategic objectives and enhance performance.
Moderator: Joy Roman, CHRO, Toll Brother
The Impact of AI on Top HR Trends
Imagine a time when employees no longer have to navigate websites to find answers to their HR-related questions. That time is now. Through virtual agents, AI is revolutionizing the way HR administrative work is performed, allowing HR executives to focus on strategy. This roundtable will explore the use of AI in common areas such as paid time off, benefits eligibility, work scheduling, retirement savings and even performance coaching and talent acquisition.