John Fortino Co-Founder & Senior Managing Partner
Velocity Resource Group
John Fortino is the Co-Founder and Senior Managing Partner of Velocity Resource Group. He has 25 years of experience in staffing, delivering strategic solutions to over thousands of clients. Prior to Velocity, Fortino was Manager of Executive Search for Motorola. He was an integral part of the team of professionals who built Motorola’s search practice. John is a graduate of Western Michigan University and serves on the External Advisory Board for the School of Communications at WMU.
10:15 AM Partnering with Your Peers: Learn How Your Peers Leverage Outside Resources to Maximize Your Transformation
This BrainWeave discussion will focus on how to identify great companies to partner with while navigating the potential pitfalls with working with external partners. As the landscape of potential solutions becomes more complex, the need to look for competent services to support lean HR organizations will continue to grow. This is an opportunity to learn from your peers about the selection process, effective management techniques to ensure successful engagements, and how HR organizations can leverage external resources to deliver world class service to your organization. This topic will explore:
- How do you identify external resources and what unique criteria was used in the selection process for successful engagements.
- What measurements or KPI’s have you used to ensure successful engagements?
- What went wrong? How can you foresee an engagement going off the rails with an underperforming outsourcing or 3rd party firm and what steps can be taken to get it back on track?
- What company is your “secret weapon”? Share your experiences with great partners that delivered for you!
- How are you communicating your successful engagements internally to your company?