Roger Casalengo SVP Human Capital
Roger Casalengo is a senior vice president of Human Capital at Amtrak, the national rail operator. With 21,000 route miles in 46 states, the District of Columbia and three Canadian provinces, Amtrak operates more than 300 trains each day — at speeds up to 150 mph — to more than 500 destinations. In his role at Amtrak, Roger leads the Human Capital Business Partners (HCBPs), Labor and Employee Relations as well as the Talent Acquisition function for the business. He continues to play an instrumental role in the ongoing transformation of the Human Capital function at Amtrak—defining and promoting the company’s employer brand, streamlining the talent acquisition and selection process, building strategic practice for systemic change, driving organizational efficiency and reducing the benefits cost structure. During his 25 year career, he has worked throughout the country in senior leadership roles at Morgans Hotel Group, Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA), SunTrust Bank and Marriott Hotels and Resorts. Roger has his Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR) certification. He also participated in Executive Development Program at the Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania. Roger graduated from Marymount University with a Masters of Arts degree in Organizational Development. He completed his undergraduate work at Western Kentucky University, where he recently served as President of the National Alumni Board of Directors for his alma mater.
Our Monday morning keynote will present the journey of organizational transformation ignited by HR with full support of the CEO of Amtrak, resulting in expressive business results throughout a multi-year strategic business plan. The plan led its organization to earn multiple industry awards for its business transformation that has reduced costs, restructured performance management and differentiated pay, strengthened career growth and development opportunities, implemented best-in-class recruitment and retention strategies, and created Total Rewards compensation and benefits structure, and more.
Topics to be discussed include:
- Aligning HR with the company’s national mission and strategic plan: ensuring internal buy-in and establishing key milestones
- Successfully implementing a HR technology system to drive down costs and improve productivity: what can go wrong and how did we overcome our challenges?
- Increased employee engagement by placing employees at the heart of the mission - implementing strategies that support the commitment to diversity, career growth, performance management and more
- Talent Planning, Recruiting and The Liquid Workforce - Moderated by Regist Mulot - EVP HR with Staples
- Killing Performance Reviews: Is It a Fad or a Trend, and New Working Models – Moderated by Roger Casalengo, SVP Human Capital – Amtrak